Tuesday, July 7, 2015

My Brain Through Consoles

In order to create a clear and concise space for explaining my long past with video games, I created a table expressing my history with video games in relation to my age, grade level, and educational institution level I was at while playing the video games discussed in this inquiry. Due to the number of video games and consoles I used in my twenty-five year gamer history, it is necessary to refer to a wide variety of consoles and games at any time. This table helps to examine how my ever-changing identity has evolved with the ever-changing technology of video games. This table will be used in the future to further investigate in detail what consoles and games I played during my childhood years in comparison with what I was supposed to be learning, and what I was learning. I will be able to match my real world identity up with the specific experiences I had with video games in the virtual world. This will allow me to juxtapose my two experiences through the lens of a researcher. I will be able to simultaneously research my identities as a learner in both the real and virtual world. By reflecting on my experiences as a younger student and comparing them to my experiences as a young gamer, I can look at my identity as a learner in both worlds to explain and isolate what I am making up as (e-dentity), and its components of construction. All of this in hopes of getting a better idea about what good learning looks like in video games, and why identity matters in all of this.


2 comments:

  1. wow that list looks really familiar. I remember getting a Nintendo for Christmas and I was like wow. Brings back memories thanks. I like the use of the word evolve in your blog and find that this is the most important word in your blog as well.. I always enjoy reading your blogs thanks man and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing the timeline with juxtaposed columns of measure is a great way to display meaning for extrapolation. I'm mocking that as we as a society become more and more tech, students of the not so far off future may be making superfluous a table called 'outside,' recounting an opportunity to go camping, or to the park. I remember playing only about half of these systems, as I never was much of a gamer, and especially the NES brings back many great time memories as a child.

    ReplyDelete

Season 8 Review in Rocket League (Rising Tides Raise All Boats)

 Season 8 Review in Rocket League  (Rising Tides Raise All Boats)      This season was one of assistance, mechanics, and a step back from th...